Q: I have a 1969 Mustang Mach 1 that I’ve owned for 25 years. It has a 351 Windsor engine and a four-speed transmission. I’d like to build it up a little and have some fun with it—not a speed machine, just a little more zip on the low end. My budget’s around $1,500, so what would you recommend?
A: With your budget and performance goals in mind, we’d recommend the following parts:
- Crane PowerMax Cam and Lifter Kit
- Holley 4160 600 CFM Carburetor
- Summit Racing Air Filter
- Maradyne Mach One Series Electric Fan
- Carter Muscle Car Mechanical Fuel Pump
- FlowKooler Water Pump
- Summit Racing Harmonic Damper
- MSD Billet Distributor
- Accel Super Stock Coil
- Accel Super Stock Spark Plug Wires
Nice car, by the way. Have fun!