We recently introduced you to the “Fully Torqued” show on The History Channel. In a nutshell, it’s about a gearhead named Steve Pazmany who starts his own hot rod shop with his mentor Uncle ″Bird” Betts, an old-school rodder with deep roots in California drag racing.
We’ve been showcasing Fully Torqued builds like this 1971 Chevy C10 and 1974 Ford Bronco to give you a closer look at the stuff Steve and Bird have been bolting together.
But lest you think this is a show about trucks, check out this 1966 Mustang from a recent episode.
Steve dragged home the pony car with big plans to redo it as a Pro Touring or autocross ride. Uncle Bird thinks his pal is nuts and talks him into a restoration with some upgrades.
On the plus side, the Mustang was unmolested and had a running 289 V8 backed by a four-speed manual transmission.
On the minus side was a Swiss-cheesed floor, some exterior rust bubbles, and very tired burgundy paint.
Bird dove right in and rebuilt the 289 with some performance goodies like Keith Black pistons, a custom-grind solid camshaft (we’ll give you a similar COMP Cams part number in the parts list at the bottom of this article), an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Trick Flow roller rockers, and Scott Drake 289 Hi-Po exhaust manifolds.
The chassis was rehabbed with KYB shocks, Moog front control arms, and a Borgeson power steering conversion kit, and the Mustang’s body got a new floor, door shells, and a bunch of new trim before it was repainted in the original burgundy.
Planning a similar ‘Stang restoration? You can see all the vital bits and pieces they used in the parts list below.
Fully Torqued 1966 Ford Mustang Parts List
- Keith Black Performance Pistons
- Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake Manifold
- COMP Cams Magnum Solid Lifter Camshaft
- COMP Cams Performance Series Solid Lifters
- Trick Flow Roller Rocker Arms
- ARP Rocker Arm Studs
- Comp Cams Pushrod Guideplates
- Fel-Pro Head Gaskets
- PerTronix Ignitor Solid State Ignition System
- Scott Drake Ignition Coil
- Summit Racing™ Muscle Car Retro Ignition Wire Set
- Motorcraft Spark Plugs
- Standard Motor Carburetor Rebuild Kit for Ford Autolite 4300
- FlowKooler Mechanical Water Pump
- Scott Drake Harmonic Balancer
- Scott Drake Exhaust Manifolds
- Scott Drake Exhaust System
- Scott Drake Mechanical Fuel Pump
- Scott Drake Valve Covers
- Scott Drake Air Cleaner
- Scott Drake Radiator
- Scott Drake Concours Correct Radiator Hose
- Motorcraft Alternator
- Ford Performance Parts High Volume Oil Pump
- Motorcraft Oil Filter
- Summit Racing™ Oil Pan Gasket
- Scott Drake Slip Yoke
- Scott Drake Clutch Kit
Chassis & Brakes
- KYB Gas-a-Just Front Shocks
- KYB Gas-a-Just Rear Shocks
- Moog R-Series Front Upper Control Arms
- Summit Racing™ Front Brake Rotors
- LEED Brakes Master Cylinder Upgrade Kit
- Borgeson Power Steering Conversion Kit
- Scott Drake Transmission Mount
- Scott Drake Motor Mount Kit
- Wheel Vintiques 55 Series Chrome Rallye Wheels
- Scott Drake Center Caps, set of 4
- Coker BFGoodrich Radial T/A Tires
Body & Exterior
- Scott Drake Front Floor Patch Panel, Passenger Side
- Scott Drake Rear Floor Patch Panel, Driver Side
- Scott Drake Rear Floor Patch Panel, Passenger Side
- Scott Drake Door Shell, Passenger Side
- Scott Drake Door Shell, Driver Side
- Goodmark Tail Panel
- OER Rocker Panel Moldings
- OER Taillight Assemblies
- OER Hood Lip Molding
- OER Windshield Wiper Arms
- OER Sideview Mirrors
- OER Simulated Side Scoops
- OER Vinyl Top Molding
- OER Parking Light Assemblies
- Scott Drake Rear Bumper
- OER Front Bumper Guards
- OER Rear Bumper Guards
- OER Interior Door Handles
- OER Molded Carpet Kit, Black
- OER Dash Pad
- OER Glove Box Door
- Scott Drake Front Seat Molding, Passenger Side
- Scott Drake Front Seat Molding, Driver Side
- Scott Drake Shift Knob
- Scott Drake Shifter Boot
- Scott Drake Fog Light Switch
I liked this article. I would like to know what price this Mustang was sold for?