Steve Pazmany is a gearhead who wants to start his own hot rod shop. He’s got the funds, he certainly has the passion, but he needs some help getting the shop up and running. Fortunately Steve’s got Uncle ″Bird” Betts, an old-school rodder who happens to be the nephew of pinstriper and customizer Kenny Howard—the legendary Von Dutch. Add in the occasional helping hand from guys like Chip Foose, some cool vehicles, and a couple of TV cameras and you’ve got “Fully Torqued” on The History Channel.
If you have cable and get The History Channel, you can watch “Fully Torqued” for free on History.com.
The vehicle projects you’ll see on “Fully Torqued” cover the spectrum from classic Mustangs and Chevy trucks to Lamborghinis, first-gen Broncos, and even a Buick Grand National with an LS swap.
Episode: Lucky 21
Steve’s friend Mike has a mostly-done 1971 C-10 Cheyenne short bed that he wants the Fully Torqued shop to finish. The truck is a family project, so Steve has Mike’s son, Brennan, work with Chip Foose to design a killer custom truck.
The twist? Mike is actually having the C-10 built for his son’s 21st birthday, so Brennan is really designing his own truck.
Chip and Brennan came up with a two-tone black and white paint job, and the Fully Torqued team swapped out the truck’s small block 350 and Turbo 350 transmission for a Chevrolet Performance 452 horsepower 6.0L crate engine with FiTech Ultimate LS fuel injection and a Summit Racing™ GM 4L60E automatic.
The C-10 was set up with an airbag suspension and a set of custom-made Foose 20 inch wheels on Michelin Pilot 4 SUV tires. The interior was upgraded with a Vintage Air climate control system, Intellitronix digital gauges, and plenty of Dynamat and Dynaliner to keep the cab reasonably quiet.
Look over the parts list below and watch the episode to see what Steve and Bird put together for a well-deserving family.
“Fully Torqued” 1971 Chevy C-10 Parts List
- Chevrolet Performance 6.0L 452 HP LS Crate Engine
- FiTech Ultimate LS 500 HP Fuel Injection Kit
- Summit Racing™ Pro LS Cast Aluminum Oil Pan
- Summit Racing™ Ceramic Ignition Wire Set
- Summit Racing™ High Output Ignition Coil Set
- Summit Racing™ Pro LS Valve Covers
- Summit Racing™ Pro LS Conversion Radiator and Fan Combo
- Summit Racing™ SFI-Approved Flexplate
- Summit Racing™ Cast Iron Exhaust Manifolds
- Summit Racing™ Universal Rod Builder Exhaust Kit
- Summit Racing™ H–Pipe Kit
- Magnaflow Performance Mufflers
- Vibrant Performance Exhaust Tips
- Holley Mid-Mount Accessory Drive Kit
- ARP Pro Series Flexplate Bolts
- ARP Torque Converter Bolts
- ACDelco Ignition Coil Wiring Harness
- ACDelco Oxygen Sensor
- Dorman Knock Sensor Kit
- Summit Racing™ GM 4L60E Automatic Transmission
- Summit Racing™ Pro LS Torque Converter
- Summit Racing™ Power Brake Conversion Kit
- Summit Racing™ Polyurethane Motor Mount
- Summit Racing™ LS Swap Motor Mounts
- Summit Racing™ LS Adjustable Conversion Engine Mounts
- Summit Racing™ Transmission Crossmember
- Summit Racing™ Transmission Mount
- Michelin Pilot 4 SUV Tires, 255/45-20, front
- Michelin Pilot 4 SUV Tires, 295/40-20 Rear
- Intellitronix Corp Direct-Fit Analog Gauges
- Vintage Air Gen-IV SureFit Climate Control System
- Summit Racing™ Steering Wheel
- Summit Racing™ Horn Button
- Summit Racing™ Steering Wheel Adapter
- Dynamic Control Dynaliner Sound Deadening
- Dynamic Control Dynamat Xtreme Sound Deadening Liner
- Dynamic Control Sound Deadener Installation Tool