A few days ago, our pals over at Summit Racing asked a simple question on the Summit Racing Facebook page:
What Tool Are You Most Thankful to Have in Your Shop?
And the responses they got ranged from heartfelt to hilarious. We collected some of our favorite reader contributions below and you can see all the response here.
If you’ve got any more you’d like to add, let us know in the comments section at the bottom of this article.
- “10mm socket“ – Dennis J.
- “Drill press & vise” – George T.
- “Telescoping magnet” – Jim P.
- “Welder” – Tim M.
- “Sledgehammer” – Terry H.
- “Ball joint press” – Clint F.
- “Cordless impact” – John M.
- “The mini-fridge” – Steven O.
- “Air compressor” – Mike L.
- “Torch” – Danny D.
- “Bottle opener” – Tony F.
- “Breaker bar” – Larry K.
- “Propane heater” – Ron H.
- “Cordless grinder” – John L.
- “Light” – Randy T.
- “The internet” – Allan M.
- “Vacuum” – Mike K.
- “Are duct tape & bungee cords tools?” – Scott J.
- “Big hammer” – Nick M.
- “All of them” – David M.
And we’ve saved the most eloquent response for last:
“The garage itself. A harbor from the cold and wind. A protector for my old vehicles. A place for tools. A place in past times. A place in current times. A sanctuary for all that need a place to be alone”John F.
Longfellow couldn’t have said it any better.
Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving OnAllCylinders readers!
While I’m definitely thankful for my dad and grandpas S-K HAND tools as well as the S-K stuff I’ve bought for myself AND the AWESOME Kennedy boxes that they all live in, I’m most thankful for my wife, kids and now (twin) grandsons because they’re the “tools” that I enjoy spending time in the shop with most of all!