Who says you can’t have it all?
For Jeremy Rice and his shop Tre5 Customs, this wicked 1969 Chevy C10 brings plenty to the table.
To begin with, it’s got a delightfully vintage body that’s oozing patina, yet the whole thing rests on an all-new chassis. And while it’s sitting mere centimeters from the ground now, the truck’s airbags can quickly lift the chassis and allow the full-tilt turbocharged LS a chance to light up those massive 404/25R24 tires.
So yeah, there’s a lot to like here.
To get the scoop behind the build, we talked to the man himself.
“I’ve never really been a big fan of patina trucks,” Jeremy says. “But after building this one for myself and having a bit of fun with it, I’m really enjoying the build.”
And there’s a big reason why Jeremy’s so fond of this particular project.
“I live on a dirt road, so I think I’ll be behind the wheel of this one more than the past builds,” he laughs. “It’s just easier to keep clean and I don’t have to worry about damaging paint.”
Speaking of that delightfully weathered exterior, Jeremy encourages us to look closer for a key detail. “The outside has been left mostly stock, but it has been converted from a long bed to a short bed.”
And as we mentioned, under that patina hides some serious hardware.
“This is a prototype chassis from RevB Chassis Company,” Jeremy explains. “There’s a lot of really cool stuff built into this chassis. For instance, it comes with provisions for air management mounting and flush fitting covers to allow you to run wires and plumbing inside the frame rails.”
Jeremy makes sure to show off that tech too.
“In the bed, we built a new sheet metal structure that opens to show off the RevB chassis,” he tells us. “We also used a set of wider tubs to cover the tires.”
Under the hood—or at least under most of it—sits a turbocharged 5.3L LS engine. The turbo manifold is on the passenger side, and the turbo exhaust exits right up out of the hood.
Behind that 5.3L rests a Tremec T-56 Magnum six-speed manual transmission from American Powertrain.
Jeremy says the engine bay was plenty of work too. “We fabricated a custom firewall and installed Hart Fab inner fenders.”
And lest you think that patina was an easy way to bypass a full paint job, Jeremy makes it clear that wasn’t the case.
Then, look even closer and you’ll notice that the Tre5 team had Ikandy Paintworks paint the engine bay, the inside of the bed, and the interior the truck in its original factory color—a nice, subtle touch.
The “Old-Meets-New” theme continues inside, where you’ll find Dakota Digital RTX Gauges that mix modern reliability with a throwback look. There’s also a custom stereo that integrates with the dash to maintain the cab’s vintage vibe.
The rest of the interior was provided by TMI Products, and included bucket seats, a buddy console, dash pad, door panels, and sun visors.
Honestly, it’s tough to describe this Chevy C10 in just a few sentences. Walking around the truck at the 2023 SEMA Show, we tried (albeit, unsuccessfully) to put it in a single category. It’s not vintage, but not modern, it’s not a hot rod, nor is it workhorse hauler.
But we’re professional writers around here, so we’ll just use the word “awesome” and be on our way.
Tre5 Customs 1969 Chevy C10 Truck Parts List
Engine & Driveline
- Summit Racing Chevy LS 5.3L 450HP Long Block Crate Engine
- Summit Racing Pro LS Turbo Camshaft
- Summit Racing Turbocharger
- Summit Racing Pro LS Turbo Manifold (passenger side)
- Dual Summit Racing Wastegates
- Dual Summit Racing 50mm Blowoff Valves
- Vibrant Exhaust Clamps
- Eddie Motorsports Accessory Drive System
- American Powertrain Tremec T-56 Magnum Transmission
- Cusotm 2-Piece Driveshaft
- Dutchman 9” Rear End
- Painless Performance Wiring Harness
Chassis, Brakes & Suspension
- Air bagged chassis from RevB Chassis Company
- Aeromotive Phantom 340 Stealth Fuel Pump
- Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
- AccuAir E-Level Air Management System
- AccuAir ENDO-VT Air Tank
- Viair 425C Dual Pack Compressors
- Baer Brakes Baer Claw Pro+ Disc Brake System
Exterior & Interior
- Sweet Patina Tintable Bedliner
- Intro “Infamous” Wheels, 22 x 9 and 24 x 15
- Tre 5 Customs Tailgate Latch Kit
- Eddie Motorsports Door Handles
- United Pacific LED Lighting
- Trique Manufacturing Altman Easy Latches
- TMI Products Full Interior
- Dakota Digital RTX Gauges
- Morel Audio Speakers
- Restomod Air Haymaker A/C System