LAS VEGAS, NV — Former The Tonight Show host, comedian, and renowned car guy Jay Leno joined Ford Motor Co. Tuesday at the 2019 SEMA Show to unveil his 1968 Ford Bronco.
Hundreds of Ford fans oohed and ahhed. Sensibly. It’s gorgeous. And interest in the Ford Bronco appears to be at an all-time high with highly anticipated new Bronco expected to be introduced in the coming months.
Leno told the crowd that he was gifted the ’68 Bronco as a practical joke on his day of filming The Tonight Show. The vehicle was in very poor condition. The jokester might have forgot that Leno has the means and passion to turn poorly conditioned vehicles into magic.
Enter this awesome ’68 Bronco powered by the same 760-horsepower, 625 foot-pound making 5.2L supercharged V8 engine that resides under the hood of the 2020 Mustang Shelby GT500.
Leno, who now sells car care products (and Jay Leno merchandise) to the aftermarket via his brand Jay Leno’s Garage, said he wanted to build a bigger, better, faster, stronger, and safer version of the first-generation Ford Bronco while still paying homage to the nameplate.
We think we succeeded.
If you’re interested in listening to Leno discuss the vehicle, you can check out the portion of this video (starting at about the 9:00-minute mark) shared on Facebook Live by our friends at Summit Racing:
Jay Leno’s 1968 Ford Bronco Build Specs
- Ford Performance 5.2L Supercharged V8
- TREMEC TR-4050 HD 4WD 5-Speed Transmission
- Full Throttle Kustomz tuning
- Advance Adapters Atlas II Transfer Case
- Krawlers Edge Specialty Components
- Brice Thomas Radiator
- Borla Mufflers
- Vibrant Performance components
- Aeromotive Fuel Filter
- II Much Fuel Vent
- Derale Engine Cooler
- Stage 8 Locking Header Bolts
- Lifeline Batteries
Wheels & Tires
- Detroit Steel Wheels (18 x 9)
- BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A Tires
- Kincer Adventure Series Chassis
- Wilwood Disc Brakes & Master Cylinder
- Fox 2.0 Factory Race Series Shocks
- John’s Industries Third Member
- Eaton Detroit Truetrac Differential & Gearing
- Carolina Driveline Driveshafts
- Dutchman Motorsports Axle Shafts
- Flaming River Steering Column
- Tuff Stuff Power Steering Pump
- WARN Locking Hubs
- Lube Locker Gaskets
- BrakeQuip Brake Lines
- Seals-it Axle Seals