The Demon has been unleashed.
For New York Auto Show week, Dodge has officially introduced its much talked-about 2018 Challenger SRT Demon—the most powerful muscle car ever! Its upgraded 6.2L Demon V8 engine features a larger 2.7L supercharger with boost pressure increased to 14.5 psi, higher 6,500 rpm limit, and innovative SRT Power Chiller which redirects air conditioning refrigerant to chill the charger air cooler.
The Demon also boasts a Drag Mode suspension to make optimum use of its 840 horsepower (yes, 840 horses on 100+ race gas!). The Drag Mode setup produces better weight transfer and traction, and Drag Mode Launch Assist adjusts engine torque (770 ft.-lbs.) to instantly eliminate wheel hop on launch. Factory-installed Nitto street-legal drag radials ensure better grip compared to the Hellcat tires.
The Demon Crate is available to SRT Demon buyers and contains all of the components needed to unleash the Demon on the track. For those looking for a tamer ride for the street, the Demon also comes with an Auto (Street) Mode, which when selected, scales back the power and get a more comfortable ride.
Production of the limited-edition single model year (3,000 United States/300 Canada) Challenger SRT Demon begins later this summer.
Below are 13 incredible facts about the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon. Be sure to read Fiat/Chrysler’s official Demon announcement for tons more details.
- It’s the highest horsepower V8 production car engine ever produced
- It’s the first-ever production car designed to run on 100+ high-octane unleaded fuel or 91 octane on demand
- It produces 840 horsepower and 770 ft.-lbs. of torque (on 100+ high-octane) with its supercharged 6.2L HEMI Demon V8 engine making the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon the most-powerful muscle car ever
- It’s the world’s fastest quarter-mile production car with an elapsed time (ET) of 9.65 seconds and 140 miles-per-hour as certified by National Hot Rod Association (NHRA)
- The Challenger SRT Demon is too fast for the dragstrip — officially banned by NHRA
- It’s the first-ever front-wheel lift in production car (2.92 feet) as certified by Guinness World Records
- It’s the world’s fastest 0-60 production car: 2.3 seconds
- It goes 0-30 miles-per-hour in one second
- It has the highest g-force acceleration of any production car: 1.8 g
- Its Air-Grabber™ induction system includes the largest functional hood scoop (45.2 square inches) of any production car
- It’s the first-ever factory production car with TransBrake for more powerful and quicker launches
- It’s the first-ever factory production drag car with Torque Reserve to deliver increased levels of power and torque at launch
- It’s the first-ever factory production car with front passenger seat delete
Check out Dodge’s official reveal of the new Challenger SRT Demon at the New York Auto Show at the 26:11 mark of this video: