If you own a truck or SUV and are interested in adding electric-powered retractable steps, or replacing your current running boards with the latest and greatest, AMP Research PowerSteps deliver full-length automatic retractable side steps.
They extend instantly when you open your door, then hide out of sight after closing the doors. In addition to looking rad and tricked out, the retractable steps improve your ground clearance, aerodynamics, and if you don’t like the look of nerf bars or running boards, it provides a cleaner look.
AMP Research PowerSteps features include:
- High-strength, die-cast aluminum-alloy linkage arms, anodized and Teflon® coated to resist corrosion
- Precision, zero-maintenance stainless-steel pivot pins
- Extruded aluminum steps with a textured powdercoated finish for maximum grip and durability
- Weatherproof, OEM-quality electric motors and wiring harness with sealed weathertight connectors
- AMP-designed electronic controller employs pressure-sensitive, pinch-proof safety technology
- Integrated LED light system
- 600-pound load capacity for each step
In today’s video from AMP Research, you’ll be walked through the step-by-step PowerSteps installation on a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. The video includes valuable tips for assembly, mounting the brackets and lighting, properly running wiring harnesses from the units to your battery, and hiding the wires effectively. Check it out here: