In the 1970s and 1980s, alcohol funny cars were the kings of the quarter-mile.
Nostalgia funny cars provide a step back in time, while still providing racetrack thrills even by today’s standards.
Among the many things to see and do at Super Summit 2017 at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, OH, will be to take in the sights and sounds of these throwback racecars, courtesy of the Akron, OH-based Great Lakes Nostalgia Funny Car Circuit.
Five of the approximately 20 race teams that make up the GLNFCC will be at Super Summit, including the unveiling of the circuit’s newest vintage funny car Friday night.
Nitro Funny Cars Appearing at Super Summit:
- Pol-Cal – Chevrolet Corvette
- Nitroflier II – Plymouth Arrow
- Streakers Ride – Chevrolet Camaro
- Crazy Bear – Chevrolet Vega
- Kays Mopar Missile – Dodge Challenger (to be unveiled Friday)
Great Lakes Nostalgia Funny Car Circuit Super Summit Schedule:
FRIDAY – 7:30 pm
SATURDAY – 11:30 am & 2:30 pm
Super Summit is an annual two-day cruise-in and customer-appreciation event thrown by our friends at Summit Racing Equipment. For the third-straight year, Super Summit will be held at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk.
The event is completely free and open to the public. Show hours are Friday, June 9, 2 pm-9 pm; and Saturday, June 10, 9 am-5 pm.
In addition to free dragstrip fun runs and autocross racing, Super Summit will also feature:
- A giant cruise-in
- BIGFOOT® car-crushing exhibitions
- Manufacturers Midway, featuring new part demonstrations and tech support
- Exclusive 10 percent off deals on parts, tools, and more
- Clearance-priced tin signs, apparel, and other car collectibles at the Pit Stop Shop
- Food vendors
- Live DJ
- Hourly drawings for Summit Racing gift card winners