It’s just business, not personal.
Many companies follow that mantra when creating new products. But the development of the RideTech StreetGrip suspension systems really was a personal decision by RideTech President Bret Voelkel, who wanted more of his fellow classic muscle car owners to enjoy modern handling and ride comfort. Voelkel is so excited about the release of the StreetGrip package, he decided to include a personal note and congratulatory gift with the first system to ship.
So what’s got Voelkel so excited about the StreetGrip system? And why should you be excited about it, too?
The RideTech StreetGrip allows you to bring modern muscle car ride quality and handling to your classic muscle machine. We’re talking old-school, street-driven cars with 15-inch rally wheels and real-world street tires. And RideTech says the StreetGrip is also great for competition and can work well with wheels up to 18 inches. Best of all, it’s an affordable, all-in-one solution that can be installed quickly and easily with no cutting or welding. In short, modern suspension performance is more attainable than ever for your vintage muscle car.
Here’s how it’s done:
- Composite rear leaf springs offer a linear spring rate while saving 70 pounds of unsprung weight
- Vehicle-specific dual-rate front coil springs are tuned for optimum ride quality and crisp handling
- Delrin front control arm bushings eliminate unwanted movement and stiction in the front suspension
- Larger-than-stock front sway bar helps eliminate body roll
- Taller ball joints improve OEM camber curve to stabilize the vehicle through corners
- Vehicle-specific RideTech HQ adjustable shocks further enhance ride quality
Check out the video below from the 2015 SEMA Show.
RideTech has rolled out four vehicle-specific kits, each with a Small Block / LS and Big Block version:
- RideTech StreetGrip Suspension System for 1967-69 Camaro/Firebird, 1968-74 Nova:
- RideTech StreetGrip Suspension System for 1970-81 Camaro/Firebird, 1975-79 Nova
- RideTech StreetGrip Suspension System for 1964-67 GM A-Body
- RideTech Street Grip Suspension System for 1968-72 GM A-Body
Voelkel’s favorite RideTech car is a white 1972 Chevelle, so the first package to ship from RideTech to Summit Racing was a StreetGrip kit for 1968-72 A-body. If you want a shot at the special gift, you’ll need to order your kit from Summit Racing soon.
RideTech says the first unit shipped Tuesday.