The 2015 Dodge Challenger and Charger Hellcat models were a massive hit with consumers. They were so popular that Dodge couldn’t keep up with demand.
So Dodge officials have a plan.
For 2016, Dodge will produce twice as many of the desired Hellcat machines. You can read the official press release here:
AUBURN HILLS, MI. — Dodge will soon be opening the dealer order banks for 2016 model year Dodge Challenger and Charger SRT Hellcats, streamlining the process and significantly increasing production to ensure that the fastest, most powerful muscle cars ever continue to move off dealer lots.
“We could not have asked for a more enthusiastic response to the Charger and Challenger SRT Hellcats—it was absolutely unprecedented, but then again, these 707-horsepower muscle cars are unprecedented,” said Tim Kuniskis, President and CEO, Dodge and SRT brands, FCA US. “To meet this demand, we are more than doubling our SRT Hellcat production for 2016 and simplifying the process to make it easier for our enthusiasts to get their hands on the hottest muscle cars in history. In addition, customers with verified sold orders that weren’t built in the 2015 model year will receive special discounted pricing if they re-order in 2016.”
The plan for 2016 model year includes:
- Remaining 2015 SRT Hellcat scheduled orders will be built at Brampton (Ont.) Assembly
- All unscheduled 2015 model year SRT Hellcat orders will be cancelled; these customers will receive discounted 2016 model year pricing
- Dealers will get a 2016 model year potential allocation total for the entire model year in August 2015
- 2016 model year SRT Hellcat allocation eligibility will continue to be based on past Dodge sales performance
- Allocation will be adjusted based on dealers’ average historical Dodge SRT Challenger and Charger Hellcat “days on lot” performance
- They will receive half of the 2016 model year allocation (net of adjustments) beginning in August 2015. They will receive the second half of the 2016 model year allocation (net of adjustments) in February 2016
- Dealers will only be able to order their given allocation
The ordering system will open the second week of August. Production of the 2016 Dodge Charger and Challenger is scheduled to start at the Brampton, (Ont.), Assembly plant in September.
Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
The Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat is the fastest, most powerful muscle car ever, thanks to the supercharged HEMI Hellcat V-8 engine, which delivers an unprecedented 707 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. of torque. The 6.2-liter V-8 is also the first factory-built supercharged HEMI. The Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat also is the fastest muscle car ever with a National Hot Rod Association-certified ¼-mile elapsed time of 11.2 seconds with stock Pirelli P Zero tires. With drag radials, the ¼-mile run dropped to just 10.8 seconds.
Upgraded for 2016, the Challenger SRT Hellcat now features standard ultra-premium Laguna Leather interior appointments, Uconnect 8.4AN with navigation, HD radio and five years of SiriusXM Travel Link and SiriusXM Traffic.
Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Taking the performance sedan world by storm, the Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat features the supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI Hellcat V-8 engine that produces 707 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. of torque, a top speed of 204 miles per hour, and a National Hot Rod Association (NHRA)-certified, quarter-mile elapsed time of 11.0 seconds on stock Pirelli P Zero tires, making it the quickest, fastest and most powerful production sedan in the world, as well as the most capable and technologically advanced four-door muscle car in America.
In addition to all the standard equipment offered in 2015, upgraded for 2016, the Charger SRT Hellcat now features standard ultra-premium Laguna leather interior appointments, Uconnect 8.4AN with navigation, HD radio and five years of SiriusXM Travel Link and SiriusXM Traffic.