Chevrolet previewed several performance-oriented concepts of some of the brand’s most popular passenger cars, including the Sonic and all-new Impala. The cars will debut at the SEMA Show, November 5-8, in Las Vegas. It’s the world’s largest convention of automotive aftermarket parts and accessories.
Chevrolet also showed a personalized version of the Malibu, which features new and enhanced technologies for 2014 that improve efficiency and personal connectivity. Stop/start engine technology contributes to 14-percent greater estimated city fuel economy (25 mpg), and new Siri with Eyes Free Mode and Text-to-Voice features allow hands-free texting via the available MyLink system.
“Chevrolet’s 2014 passenger car lineup is the strongest and most competitive in the brand’s history, offering customers a wide range of great-looking, great-driving and well-connected choices,” said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet Marketing. “A five-year plan to completely remake Chevy’s car lineup is resonating with customers, who are finding value in the performance, quality and technologies that complement their lifestyles.”
The SEMA concepts feature accessories designed to allow personalization while maintaining excellent refinement and ride characteristics. General Motors’ engineers developed most of the accessories shown on the concept vehicles. Some of the accessories are available from Chevrolet dealers. Others are being evaluated for production.
The enhancements are designed, engineered, tested and backed by Chevrolet to be installed by a Chevrolet dealer, which maintains the vehicle warranty – a claim aftermarket manufacturers cannot make.
A pair of “super” Sonics leads the charge into SEMA, each packing enhancements for their respective 1.4L turbo engines, along with suspension, exterior and interior accessories – and distinctive color-and-graphic packages.
Chevrolet Performance Sonic RS concept
This performance-oriented Sonic RS concept draws on the legacy of Chevrolet’s high-performance vehicles yet reimagined for a new generation. It features engine performance, suspension/brakes and appearance upgrades developed by Chevrolet Performance engineers and designed to be installed by Chevrolet dealers.
- A Stage Kit, cold-air induction and a high-flow exhaust system allow the 1.4L turbo engine to produce more power for a more exciting driving experience
- The engine enhancements are complemented by a track-tuned suspension system and higher-performance brake upgrade kit, featuring Wilwood front calipers
- The suspension kit lowers the ride height for a sportier stance
- Chevrolet Performance 18-inch, split-five-spoke wheels complement the lowered look with aggressive style
- Lemon Peel Yellow exterior with blue graphics; tinted headlamps and fog lamps; blue-accented window moldings and rear hatch trim
- Additional exterior accessories, including color-tinted grille trim, headlamp rings and mirror caps are available from Chevrolet dealers and complement custom graphics and other accents that can be easily duplicated by creative owners
- Re-trimmed seats in black leather, with Lark Yellow contrast stitching.
Ricky Carmichael All-Activity Sonic concept
The All-Activity Sonic concept returns for the 2013 SEMA Show – this time, it adds something the American Motorcycle Association champion, X-Games gold medalist and NASCAR racer Ricky Carmichael can truly appreciate: An all-new performance package with parts from Chevrolet Performance. Highlights include:
- Chevrolet Performance 1.4L Turbo Stage Kit with high-flow exhaust
- Chevrolet Performance cold-air induction
- Chevrolet Performance suspension kit with lowered ride height
- Chevrolet Performance brake package with Wilwood front calipers
- Chevrolet Performance 18-inch wheel-and-tire package featuring custom gloss black with green lip
The exterior is painted satin black that is pearlized with blue, along with custom graphics. The Sonic’s body is accented with a concept rear wing spoiler, smoked lamp housings, ground effects package and a unique grille. It also wears a THULE roof rack.
Inside, FOX Racing boardshort material is used on the seat inserts, which complements dark green and black leather instrument panel trim and door trim with lime green piping. A matching, green/black-trimmed flat-bottom steering wheel continues the theme. Additional interior features include an upgraded sound system, a Chevrolet Accessories pedal kit and a custom aluminum shift knob.
Personalization Sonic concept
Equipped with several performance enhancements, this Victory Red concept represents an undeniably fun take on Sonic – with a larger emphasis on personalization. Highlights include:
- Body-color door handles with chrome stripe
- Chrome liftgate and mirror cap trim
- Chevrolet Accessory exterior graphics package
- Chevrolet Accessory door sill plates and all-weather floor mats
- Chevrolet Accessory footwell lighting package and pedal covers
- Kicker® 200-Watt DSP amp with 200-Watt powered subwoofer (also available with Chevrolet MyLink).
Some exterior details will be changed during the SEMA Show, giving the car a different appearance throughout the weeklong convention. It also features:
- Borla performance exhaust
- Chevrolet Performance suspension kit (with lowered ride height)
- Chevrolet Performance brake package with Wilwood front calipers
- Chevrolet Performance 18-inch wheel-and-tire package.
Spark EV Tech Performance concept
A pure-electric urban mini-car designed for fun driving, easy ownership and head-turning style, the Spark EV uses no gasoline, but its GM-built motor and drive unit deliver 400 lb-ft of instant torque – more than the classic 1969 Camaro SS muscle car with a 350 V-8 – for exhilarating acceleration. It can go from 0 to 60 mph in 7.5 seconds.
The Tech Performance concept builds on Spark EV’s performance with a unique power-delivery algorithm that enhances acceleration. Stronger axles support the greater power – helping transform this electric mini car into a mini-muscle car. Additional features:
- Custom exterior color and graphics, a unique backlit Chevrolet “bowtie” emblem in the grille and performance billet aluminum wheels
- Chevrolet Accessory sill plates, floor mats and pedal covers
- Body-color trim plates and green stitching on the shifter boot and steering wheel
- A military-style flip-up “activation switch” on the instrument panel adds a fun, high-performance-oriented touch of style to this plug-in performer
- Lightweight features that enhance performance
Urban Cool Impala concept
All-new for 2014, the Impala’s aggressive good looks contributed to a 64-percent rise in retail sales in September. The Urban Cool concept builds on the Impala LTZ with custom-painted grille accents, Chevrolet Accessories concept ground effects and Chevrolet Accessories concept 20-inch wheels painted to match the grille accents.
A lowered stance further accents the sporty style while the LTZ’s high-intensity discharge headlamps and light-emitting diode, or LED, daytime running lamps lend a more sophisticated appearance. Inside, the trim is painted high-gloss piano black and anodized low-gloss black, contrasting with Sky Cool Gray leather-trimmed seats that also feature perforated leather inserts and orange stitching.
The Urban Cool concept rocks with the Impala’s available 11-speaker Bose® Centerpoint® Surround Sound System, which connects to the Chevrolet MyLink system via an eight-inch-diagonal color touch screen.
Malibu LTZ concept
With a raft of technology, comfort and refinement enhancements, as well as a new front-end design, the 2014 Malibu takes on one of the industry’s most competitive segments with greater roominess, greater efficiency and greater connectivity. The Malibu LTZ SEMA concept delivers greater style, too, with performance-style ground effects and Chevrolet Accessories 19-inch wheels with a Sterling Silver finish. A Borla exhaust system lends a throatier note to the 259-hp, 2.0L turbocharged engine. A concept Stage Kit and cold-air induction system support greater performance, too, from an engine that already delivers 295 lb-ft of torque, the most in its class.
Personalization Cruze Diesel concept
A distinctive ground effects package by 3dCarbon, as well as an updated front fascia and chin spoiler give this Cruze Diesel concept a fresh, athletic aesthetic that supports its 258 lb-ft of torque (350 Nm) – and 0-60 capability of 8.6 seconds. Inside, the sound system is upgraded with Kicker® Audio components and an ambient lighting package has been added. With its 2.0L clean turbo-diesel engine, the Cruze Diesel offers EPA-estimated 46 mpg on the highway – better than any non-hybrid or gasoline-powered passenger car in America. It can travel 717 miles on a single tank, or about 10 hours of highway driving.
I had bought a Chevrolet from an auction and i am so happy of this, it is not new but still it works and i feel like a king in my car…i like very much service from repokar online auto auction.
thank you for your sharing
it impressed me very much