The first week of November is typically SEMA time! It’s the week when aftermarket manufacturers, OEMs, hot rod builders and automotive celebrities head out to Las Vegas for the hobby’s largest trade show. However, like so many things we care about, the in-person event has been KO’d by COVID, and SEMA has been forced to offer a virtual “SEMA360” show instead.
Our friends at Summit Racing have pivoted and put together something called Performance Parts Expo 2020. Hosted on Summit Racing’s social media channels, this event will be a virtual version of the company’s annual coverage of the SEMA Show in Las Vegas. The main goal was to shine a spotlight on manufacturers, who typically use the live SEMA show to debut new products and product updates.
Here’s what the Performance Parts Expo will feature the week of November 2:
Manufacturer and Product Features: Learn about the latest products from dozens of featured manufacturers with exclusive videos and OnAllCylinders coverage.
Giveaways: Enter to win prizes from Holley, Scat, QA1, Belltech, and ST Suspensions.
Celebrity Appearances: Catch up with racers and special guests. Here’s the schedule (subject to change):
- No Prep Kings Jeff Lutz and Ryan Martin, Monday, 5:45 pm ET
- Hands On Cars’ Kevin Tetz and Big Tire Garage’s Ian Johnson, Tuesday, 3:00 pm ET
- Social Media Personality and LS expert “Terry LSX” Wilson (Coverman66), Wednesday, 3:00 ET
- YouTube personality Cleetus McFarland: Thursday, 3:00 ET
- Jimi Day, show-runner of Ultimate Street Car Racing, Friday, 12:00 pm ET
SEMA Project Builds: Get updates on some top Summit Racing-backed car builds that were slated to debut at this year’s SEMA Show and get to know the builders:
- DeBoss Garage’s Diesel C10 pickup
- Cool Hand Customs 1974 Hemi Duster
- Chris Sullivan’s (This is Us actor) 1966 Mustang
- Tre5 Customs’ SEMA Chevy Suburban build and other projects
- Kasia “Kat” Jones’ 1954 Studebaker, as featured on SummitRacing.com
Parts Expo Car Show: You can’t have a show without show cars. This is where Summit Racing needs your help! Enter you car into the Performance Parts Expo show car field for a chance to win a $100 Summit Gift Card. See Summit’s Facebook page for details on Monday, Nov. 2.
Coverage and Updates from the SEMA360 Show: We’ll be keeping an eye on news and other happenings from SEMA’s virtual show and bringing you the latest.