PowerNation TV’s Engine Power is finishing up the UMP DIRTcar Modified race car which will be sold at auction September 29 during the Summit Racing Modified Mania at Tri-City Speedway in Granite City, IL scheduled for September 27-29.
Proceeds from the sale will benefit Shriners Children’s Hospital.
“The racer who buys this car will have a first-class racing machine,” said Jim Greenleaf, Summit Racing‘s motorsports and events manager. “Mike Galley and Pat Topolinski did a fantastic job assembling the car and the 410 engine, and Don Jumper builds one heck of a chassis. We look forward to seeing our car out on the track in 2019.”
The Summit Racing DIRTcar Modified build covers three episodes of Engine Power:
Engine Power, Episode 1
- In the first episode, you’ll see some of the engineering that goes into a UMP Modified as Impressive Race Cars’ Jumper helps Topolinski and Galley assemble the car from the chassis up, including suspension, brakes, rear axle, and wiring. This episode can be viewed on PowerNation TV.
Engine Power, Episode 2
- In the second episode, Topolinski and Galley build and dyno-test a killer 410 c.i.d. small block Chevy for the race car. It will include good stuff like a Dart SHP Pro block, Brodix top end kit, Quick Fuel Q-Series carburetor, and Schoenfeld headers. This episode is scheduled to air Oct. 14, 2018 during the PowerNation TV Powerblock on the Paramount Network.
Engine Power, Episode 3
- And in the third episode, Topolinski and Galley wrap up the project with final assembly and track testing. This episode is scheduled to air Oct. 21, 2018 on the Paramount Network. Mark your calendars and check local listings for exact air times.
“We had a blast building a competitive Dirt Modified,” Topolinski said. “The car was a refreshing break from our regular street and drag projects, plus the engine is a totally different animal. It has to make big power and be super durable to run at 8,000 rpm lap after lap. Luckily we had Don Jumper of Impressive Race Cars on board. He designed a masterpiece of a car, and his expertise was crucial in this project coming together.”
The Summit Racing Modified Mania is a premier event for Dirt Modifieds and UMP Late Models. UMP national championship points are awarded nightly as well as large cash payouts for race winners:
- Thursday, Sept. 27: Summit Modifieds/$4,000 to win, UMP Late Models/$2,000 to win
- Friday, Sept. 28: Summit Modifieds/$4,000 to win, UMP Late Models/$2,500 to win
- Saturday, Sept. 29: Summit Modifieds/$5,000 to win, UMP Late Models/$3,000 to win
General admission for the Summit Racing Modified Mania is $20 on September 27, and $25 September 28-29. Children 12 and under are free. General admission gates open at 5:30 pm. Pit passes are available.