It’s not rocket science.
It’s not even an exact science.
But that didn’t stop the folks at Autoblog from compiling a list of the top horsepower-per-dollar vehicles of 2015. They put together a complete list of 633 vehicles based on American MSRPs and then broke the list up by horsepower ranges. Of course the list comes with a few disclaimers; for example, MSRP can change and great deals can be made at the dealership.
But it’s still fun to make lists, and this one provides a pretty good comparison of some of the more popular performance vehicles of 2015. Autoblog started out with vehicles that make 100 or less horsepower and provided the top five/bottom five bang-for-your buck vehicles in a series of power ranges. You can see the complete rundown here, but for our core audience, we’ve chosen to highlight the top five vehicles (most horsepower-per-dollar) in the 401-500, 501-600, and 600-above categories.
Is it a perfect list? No. Is it still useful and fun to look at? Yep–we think so. Check out the list and tell us what you think.
- Ford Mustang GT – 435 horsepower, $32,100, $73.79/hp
- Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack – 485 horsepower, $37,495, $77.31/hp
- Chevy Camaro SS – 426 horsepower, $33,505, $78.65/hp
- Ford Mustang GT Convertible – 420 horsepower, $36,210, $86.21/hp
- Ford F-250 6.7L – 440 horsepower, $39,715, $90.26/hp
Most expensive horsepower-per-dollar: Rolls-Royce Phantom – 453 horsepower, $407,400, $899.34/hp
- Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 – 580 horsepower, $55,505, $95.70/hp
- Cadillac CTS-V Coupe – 556 horsepower, $71,200, $128.06/hp
- Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 – 505 horsepower, $72,305, $143.18/hp
- Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged – 510 horsepower, $79,995, $156.85/hp
- Jaguar XFR – 510 horsepower, $83,550, $163.82/hp
Most expensive horsepower-per-dollar: Bentley Mulsanne – 505 horsepower, $303,700, $601.30/hp
- Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat – 707 horsepower, $57,895, $81.89/hp
- Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat – 707 horsepower, $63,995, $90.52/hp
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06 – 650 horsepower, $78,000, $120.00/hp
- Dodge Viper SRT – 645 horsepower, $84,995, $131.78/hp
- Tesla Model S P85D – 691 horsepower, $104,500, $151.23/hp
Most expensive horsepower-per-dollar: Pagani Huayra – 720 horsepower, $1,450,000, $2,013.89/hp
See the complete list here.
1967 R/S S/S Camaro 780hp 700tq to the crank.