The 2014 SEMA show kicked off with the annual new product awards breakfast.
Hosted by Dave McClelland, the awards ceremony covers everything from the best merchandising display to the best racing and street performance products. And this year, it seems, is the year of the “little guy.” Although industry big names, such as Mickey Thompson, Lund, and Dakota Digital, took home awards, the year’s list of winners was dominated by new, up-and-comers. Companies like App-Tronics, Decked, and Tire Profiles-Treadspec proved that there’s plenty of room for new innovations and fresh ideas.
Here’s a look at the 2014 SEMA New Product Award winners. You’ll be hearing more about these companies and products as our coverage continues this week.
- Best New Collision, Repair & Refinish Product: Malco Quarter Panel Hemming Air TurboXTool
- Best Engineered New Product: Holley EFI Digital Dash
- Best Exterior Accessory Product: Lund AMP Research Powerstep XL
- Best Interior Accessory Product: Switch-Pros SP8100 Switch Panel System
- Best New Merchandising Display: Mickey Thompson Metal Series Jeep Bumper Display
- Best New Mobile Electronics Product: App-Tronics LLC SmartNav5
- Best New Off-Road/4-Wheel Drive Product: Bubba Rope Gator Jaw Soft Shackle
- Best Packaging Design: Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
- Best New Performance Street Product: Aeromotive Flex Stealth Fuel System
- Best New Performance Racing Product: Silverback Carburetors
- Best Powersports Product: Dakota Digital Plug-In Instrumentation for 2014-up Harley-Davidson
- Best New Street Rod/Custom Car Product: Ron Francis Black Box Relay System
- Best New Tire and Related Product: Deluxe Wheel Wide Whitewall Tire Rim
- Best New Tools and Equipment: Tire Profiles-Treadspec Groove Glove Mobile Tire Laser Diagnostics
- Best New Van/Pickup/SUV Product: Decked Pickup Truck Bed Organizer and Storage System
- Best New Wheel and Related Product: Deluxe Wheel Wide Whitewall Tire Rim
- Hottest 4×4/SUV: Jeep Wrangler
- Hottest Truck: Chevy Silverado
- Hottest Car: Ford Mustang
- Hottest Sport Compact: Honda Fit