Dan Runte is one of the most-accomplished monster truck racers, having won 11 national championships in a career that spans 25 years. In 2013, he broke the Guinness World Records “Longest Jump in a Monster Truck” record with a 214-foot, eight-inch jump.
Dan and his Summit Racing/BIGFOOT Monster Truck will be one of the many attractions at this weekend’s Summit Racing Equipment Atlanta Motorama at Atlanta Motor Speedway. The one-of-a-kind event will feature 1,000 show car vehicles, a vendor midway, autocross competition, swap meet car corral—and yes, a car crushing exhibition by two BIGFOOT Monster Trucks.
Here’s a complete rundown of attractions at the Summit Racing Equipment Atlanta Motorama:
- World’s fastest rat rod, Robert Killian’s Ford Model A and its 2,000-horsepower engine
- 1939 Packard Convertible Sedan
- 1930 Duesenberg Model J valued at $1.2 million
- Truett Cathy Collection highlighting classic cars throughout the decades
- 1930 Pierce Arrow
- 1933 Ford Roadster
- 2003 Chevy 50th Anniversary Corvette
- Gwinnett Gladiator’s Zamboni
Don’t Miss These Activities
- Car Show Midway featuring hundreds of the nation’s best show vehicles
- 35 car clubs on display
- Car-Crushing Exhibitions by BIGFOOT® presented by Summit Racing Equipment (Saturday at 10:45 am and 2:15 pm and at 11 am and 1 pm on Sunday)
- American Street Car Series Autocross sponsored by AARP
- Lawnmower racing—11 classes of competition featuring speeds up to 70 miles-per-hour
- Vendor midway with close to 200 vendors and thousands of products
- Nightly Speedway Cruise in which all show participants can drive their treasure on the high banks of Atlanta Motor Speedway!
- Speedway Salon: Includes some of the most expensive cars in the country
- Classic vehicle auction—get an inside glimpse of the world-famous classic auctions you see on TV
- Numerous educational seminars, including AARP ‘Smart Driver’, Ethanol Effect on Carburetors and more
- Hot Rodders Of Tomorrow Competition: High school shop programs are pitted against one another in a timed event where they disassemble an engine and then put it back together again!
- Pull-a-part swap meet
The show takes place from 9 am to 5 pm on Saturday, April 26 and 9 am to 5 pm on Sunday, April 27. Admission is $12 per day, $5 for kids 6-11, and free for children 5 and under. Click here for a complete schedule of events.