Last year, we made our first trek to Hot August Nights in Reno, NV. Now we’re the definitive experts on all things Hot August Nights.
Truth is there’s so much to do during this city-wide event that it would take several trips to Reno to become a true expert. If you’re a first-time attendee at Hot August Nights (and we highly recommend you take the trip at least once), it can be almost overwhelming.
Overwhelming and awesome.
To help you maximize the awesome, we’ve compiled a quick guide to the show. This year’s version of the event—the 28th installment—takes place July 28 through August 3. In addition to thousands of hot rods, muscle cars, and roadsters from 1976 and before, Hot August Nights 2014 will play host to car industry celebrities, the Barrett-Jackson auction, abundant cruises and cruise-ins, autocross competition, the Big Boy’s Toy Store with hundreds of aftermarket manufacturers, and music and entertainment of all sorts.
That’s a lot to see. Below is a guide (by site) to ensure you don’t miss out. And if can’t make it to Hot August Nights, we’ll once again have images and coverage from show.
Atlantis Casino Resort
- Daily Acres of Champions Show ‘n Shine
- Nightly Cruise of Champions
- Daily Ride and Drives presented by General Motors
- Bonanza Casino Pre-Kickoff Party: July 27
Circus Circus Hotel & Casino
- Official Hot August Nights Sock Hop and Circus Circus Show-n-Shine: July 28
Downtown Reno (North Virginia Street)
- Barrett-Jackson Cup Show n’ Shine: July 30-August 1
- Daily Show ‘n Shines along with nightly cruising
- Official Hot August Nights Parade: August 3
Grand Sierra Resort
- Car Participant Check-in and Registration at the Summit Racing Pavilion: All week long
- Daily Classic Cherry Cruise-Ins
- Daily Ride & Drives presented by General Motors
- Official Hot August Nights Drag Races and Burnouts: July 30-August 2
- Nugget Ultimate Classic Car Competition: July 29-August 1
- Best Stock Original and Best Stock Restored Competition: August 1
- Hollywood Classic Free Movie Marathon
Peppermill Hotel Casino
- Official Kick-Off Party: July 28.
- Mill-Mile Show-n-Shine Competition: July 28-August 2
- Official Mill-Mile Cruise: August 2
Reno Events Center
- Big Boy’s Toy Store with over 300 aftermarket manufacturers (no admission fee): July 29-August 3
Reno-Sparks Convention Center
- Hot August Nights Auction Presented by Barrett-Jackson: July 31-August 2
Reno-Sparks Livestock Events Center
- Hot August Nights Swap Meet with pre-1976 automotive parts and over 400 collector vehicles for sale: July 31- August 2
- American Street Car Series Autocross: July 31- August 2
Summit Racing Equipment Retail Store (Sparks, NV)
- Summit Racing Show and Shine: July 29
- Under 21 Show and Shine: July 30
- Hot August Nights Poker Run registration: July 31
- Ultimate Classic Competition: July 29-August 1
- Craft Fair and free headliner entertainment: July 29-August 2
- Nightly cruise down Victorian Avenue
- Celebrity Choice Show-n-Shine: August 2
For more information on Hot August Nights, visit the Hot August Nights website.