A sinkhole opened up without warning inside the National Corvette Museum Wednesday, and eight Chevrolet Corvettes fell into it.
According to reports, six of the eight were donated to the museum by Corvette enthusiasts, and two are owned by General Motors.
“It is with heavy hearts that we report that eight Corvettes were affected by this incident. Those cars include:
- 1993 ZR-1 Spyder on loan from GM
- 2009 ZR1 “Blue Devil” on loan from GM
The other six vehicles were owned by the National Corvette Museum including:
- 1962 Black Corvette
- 1984 PPG Pace Car
- 1992 White 1 Millionth Corvette
- 1993 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary Corvette
- 2001 Mallett Hammer Z06 Corvette
- 2009 White 1.5 Millionth Corvette”
UPDATE: Check out these sinkhole videos from The National Corvette Museum.