The mission was pretty straightforward: Take a brand-new quad and make it better.
So, the gang at PowerSports Place identified the upgrades they wanted to make to their 2012 Suzuki KingQuad 750 AXi (Base MSRP: $8,399) and assembled the parts. They were kind enough to let us tagalong for the build.
To do the job, the first order of business was acquiring a new ATV lift jack. They chose this:
- 1,500-pound capacity
- Large, 17-inch-long skids
- Foot pedal release
- Automatic safety locks
- Two ratcheting tie straps
The following is an overview of the parts they installed on this Suzuki utility ATV.
- Electric, 12-volt
- 3,000 lb. pull rating
- Roller fairlead
- 50-foot line length
- Wireless remote with 50-foot range
Warn ATV Winch Mounting Kit: $61.95
- Five-inch diameter shell
- Built from 304 stainless steel
- Compatible with snorkel kits
Kolpin ATV IRS Receiver Hitch
- Rear mount
- Two-inch square
- Designed for ATVs with independent rear suspension
Price: $169.95 for a set of four
- Rigid, yet flexible
- Include black mounting hardware
- Excellent for use with large wheels
- Eight-inch jaw width
- Receiver hitch mount
- Ergonomic foam padding
- Provides temperature control and slip resistance
Kolpin Fuel Pack Jr.
- Crush-proof, puncture-resistant construction
- Holds 1.5 gallons
- Versatile mounting options
Kolpin Gear Grips
Price: $41.95 per pair
- Accepts ¾-inch to three-inch diameter items
- Innovative ratchet grip
- Holds guns, tools, fishing gear, and much more
- Provides additional covered storage
- Holds up to two helmets and more
- Haul riding gear, blankets, tow straps, or keep your drinks cold
Price: $13.95-$19.99 per pair
- Ergonomic design that molds to hand
- Available in a variety of colors
- Protects chassis from rocks, stumps, and other trail hazards
Warn Body Armor for front and rear A-arms
Price: $92 for the front, $92 for the rear
- Protects A-arms and other suspension components from trail hazards
- Look awesome
- Long-distance durability and all-around performance
The PowerSports Place crew intends to give the quad a wheel and tire upgrade very soon.
In the meantime, we appreciate the opportunity to watch the product installs, and we look forward to sharing some how-to installation tips for some of these parts in the near future.
Until then, happy riding everyone.
*All upgrade prices from PowerSports Place as of May 2012.